The Trolley Bike is looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our team. Experience isn’t needed, but passion is a must. If you’re a ringer for our wiffleball team, then that’s just icing on the cake.
We are looking for people who want more out of work than just getting in their hours. Our employees are a small group of team players that do their best to make our business a success while having fun and loving the groups they are working with.
Our Conductors are responsible for meeting and greeting customers and guiding their tour in a professional, entertaining and engaging manner. The Conductor position is one of the most fun things to do in Springfield MO where you actually get paid to lead a party every shift. It requires driving The Trolley Bike as well as entertaining and ensuring the safety of our guests through calm control.
This is the perfect job for those that genuinely enjoy meeting people. We operate 7 days a week, mostly on evenings and weekends, so this is a fun second job for most of our employees and availability on nights and weekends is a must. Successful completion of our training program, designed to provide the skills necessary to deliver both a safe and fun experience, is required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Drive and guide our guests in the given operating area
– Assist customers at check-in according to protocol
– Entertain as well as control large groups to enforce the rules
– Know very well the operating area, places to legally park, and the different stops
– Take pictures of groups for social media use
– Ensure The Trolley Bike is always clean and any maintenance needs reported
– Help with routine cleaning of the bike
– Conduct all check-out procedures in accordance with protocol
– Adjust tour route as required while always remaining aware of time constraints and company policies
Candidates are required to have:
– Availability on nights, weekends, and some holidays
– Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
– The ability to work independently, efficiently, and unsupervised
– Enjoy working with the public and groups
– Demonstrated professional appearance and behavior at all times
– Ability to be consistently timely and reliable
– Reliable transportation
– Valid Missouri Chauffeurs license (additional written test on top of traditional drivers license)
– Clean motor vehicle record – NO DUIs OR SUSPENSIONS
– Pass criminal background check
The Conductor position is hourly and part-time. We believe in a strong compensation package so that everyone works hard to deliver a fantastic experience for our guests. Compensation is $10/hour plus you get to keep any tips received. Most groups tip generously for great service.